Aug. '12
letzte Antwort Antworten
Aufrufe
3.5T
„Gefällt mir“
Abos
Noch keine
Sa., 04. August, 2012 um 10:07

Ubuntu für Android zeigt sich in einem neuen Demo-Video – allerdings auf Portugiesisch.

Diese C&M News kannst Du hier lesen:
https://www.ress.at/news04082012100722.html

Sa., 04. August, 2012 um 10:25

Hier:

Zitat:
The video says:

This is Ubuntu on Android. Ubuntu running on a Atrix 2 common device.

What is interesting here is that it is not being emulated. It's not an application. It’s Ubuntu the operating system itself running. This is not a web application or something like.

So how does it work?

I have an Android device here, a Atrix 2, running Android normally. It’s an older version, Android 2.3.5. Nothing different here. The interesting thing happens when you put in the dock.

It is important to note that this is just a dock connector panel. The dock do not have nothing active in it. All processing occurs in the cell.

The dock is connected to a TV and you have your desktop environment.

What is interesting about it? Ubuntu is running with all applications that you would see on your desktop without anything very different.

The only thing different here is that the Unity was customized to access online applications. In this case, there are links to access Google Docs, for example, but nothing prevents from running, say, the Libre Office Calc, which is not an lightest application, obviously.

So is a little slow. I closed the other window to open, but it's there. It is the Libre Office running on the phone.

And as I was saying it ‘s Ubuntu with everything it has. You have access to repositories. It has the apt-get. You have access to applications. It has gcc to compile.

And the interesting thing is that Android is still running on this phone.

If you receive a SMS it appears in the notification. It is possible to write an SMS.

You has access to Android itself. You can call the camcorder, for example.

You can see that it is connected to Wi-Fi

Another curious thing. Say I'm doing something and the phone rang. I can take it from the dock, answer the phone, end the call and put the phone back in the dock and my desktop will return to the state it was when I took it from the dock. The interesting thing is that the delay is that the timing of sync it with the monitor.

The cool thing is that the systems are running in parallel. Are synchronized. Information travels from one to the other. They share the message alerts. And the phone never stops being your phone. When you put it in the dock it turns into your desktop.

What phones it needs to run?

This here is an Atrix 2. It is a dual-core processor with 1GB of ram. Nothing exceptional. But the telephone companies that are working with us to bring this pre-installed on phones are targeting the next generation that is quad-core with 1.5GB and 2GB.

The Atrix's common emulates only the Ubuntu, right?

No, it does not emulate. In fact the one of Motorola works similarly to this but just is not a complete operating system. It's just a minimum shell and Firefox
This is emulating the Ubuntu already, right?

It’s full Ubuntu. It does not emulate. Both are running on the same hardware. Both share the same kernel but they are two separate environments.

It is possible to install that?

You can. It is Ubuntu. You can download, compile and put in the machine. The problem is that it will not work. To make it work on phone you must have access to the drivers of the phone and this is the kind of thing that is extremely proprietary, extremely bound by the manufacturers of mobile phones. Then you get up, but it’s very difficult to interact with the device itself because of this problem.

And even if you have access to some of the drivers you have the problem that each device is different. Sometimes the devices are identical, with the same brand and model but have different hardware inside. Then change the driver, API changes, it changes a lot of things.

So what I'm doing is working with manufacturers of mobile devices so that they bring Ubuntu pre-installed. Once Ubuntu is installed you can install, remove, and adapt and customize things in your way.

We ended up coming to the conclusion that it is the best way to do this kind of thing. Because it comes ready, comes pre-installed and running.

There's already manufacturers working on it.

Sa., 04. August, 2012 um 13:55

Thx

Sa., 04. August, 2012 um 19:35

keine Ursache

> Forums > CM News

Du hast bereits für diesen Post abgestimmt...

;-)

Logo https://t.ress.at/uCNFw/